What is Induction?
Induction, formerly know as BTSA Induction, is a pathway from a Preliminary Teaching Credential to Professional Clear Teaching Credential. It is a two year program and system of in-class mentoring support provided by veteran classroom teachers or Teachers on Special Assignment specifically trained to coach beginning teachers. The foundations of the program include:
- The California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP)
- A strong relationship between the Induction candidate and mentor teacher
- Growth and Reflection
- The State Academic Content Standards and Garden Grove Way
SB 2042 Legislation requires teachers who hold this Preliminary Credential to complete a two year Induction Program to earn a Professional Clear Teaching Credential.
The goals of the GGUSD Induction Program are to:
- Ensure intensive individualized support and assistance for early career teachers.
- Model and encourage ongoing self-assessment and reflection for continuous improvement in the practice of teaching.
- Meet the academic and personal needs of diverse students through inquiry, collaboration, and professional development for and with early career teachers.